We are recruiting for Support Workers for our Ely services!
Full-time, Part-time and Relief posts available
Salary £9.09 per hour qualified (NVQ 2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care; £8.34 per hour unqualified)
Current sleep-in rate £40.00
To succeed in this role you will:
- hold a current driving licence
- have a keen interest in supporting people with Learning Disabilities (for instance Autism, Downs Syndrome and may present with complex needs.)
- be Inventive, Creative, Active and Enthusiastic in approach
- have a sense of humour, be flexible and most of all a positive outlook
- be able to work in accordance with Support plans, Risk assessments, and Positive Behaviour Support Plans.
- be able to support the individuals in a variety of activities including swimming, walking, bowling, wall climbing, and household tasks.
- be able lone work at times
- be really keen to support people to reach their full potential and be as independent as they can be
This role will require you to do sleep-ins on occasions.
- Level 2 or 3 Diploma /NVQ2 or NVQ3 in Health and Social Care
- Experience in supporting individuals with Learning Disabilities (for instance Autism, Downs Syndrome or present with behaviours that challenge) or a willingness to learn about them
- Market leading rates of pay
- 30 days paid holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Training provided – opportunity to gain recognised qualifications
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
- Managers on site
- Career progression opportunities
- Overtime opportunities
The Edmund Trust is a local charity and our mission is to work across Cambridgeshire to provide lifelong opportunities for people with learning disabilities, to create the lifestyle they choose, be equal and active members of the community. We want to empower individuals to be in control of their lives and work in partnership with families and believe in a person-centred approach. We are specifically looking to recruit for individuals who have experience of Learning Disabilities, Autism and behaviours that may challenge at times.